Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Avila Beach









Last Friday we decided to drive over to Avila Beach for the day.  We really didn't get a family vacation this Summer or last Summer.  We were missing the beach. I guess our year at Hume was kind of like a year-long vacation, so don't feel too sorry for us.  Nonetheless, we wanted a day at the beach before everyone started school.  We had such a delightful time as a family!  Marshall & I are having so much with our boys.  They're getting so big & so caring for them is not nearly as hard as it used to be!  Honestly, now they serve us a lot.  It's been such a great time lately just enjoying the people that they are becoming!  To those of you who still have real little ones, just know that the training you do now DOES PAY OFF!! 
We had a blast together........some more memories to add to our mental files.  It was good.  Thank you, Lord, for my family!!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Rachel, Your boys are so wonderful. I am looking forward to the girls getting a little bigger. However, I am sad about not having any more babies. I do feel like my life is getting a lot easier already. Tea just got in to Northside Preschool and will begin three mornings a week. Sad, everyone off to school except Elliana and I. I am looking forward to some great time will Ellie. She has been robbed of a lot of attention being the little sister here. Anyway, your family is gorgeous. I miss you!

Anna said...

Hey! I was at Avila last Friday too! I was the one chasing high school campers with a camera - I was our church camp's "videographer/photographer" :D Speaking of which, I am taking photo 1 this semester! I think I "need" to get an SLR! Do you have any recommendations? I've been looking on Craig's List.
Did you see the wedding on the beach that day? It made me smile :D

bethany said...

Hi Rachel...I surfed over to your blog from the LPM Blog. You peaked my interest when you stated that you'd love it if the next Siesta Fiesta could be in CA. I so agree being that I live here in CA too! Seeing the videos and pictures makes me wish that I was there!!!
Reading through your post I discovered that you and your family spent the whole year at Hume? I love Hume...went there a few years ago with our youth. What an amazing place...I would love to serve there but am a teacher so it would be pretty hard to get away for an extended period of time (however...I am taking the whole summer off next year so I think that I might look into serving in a camp somewhere....)
Anyway...just wanted to say Hi!
May the Lord's blessings be upon you today!!

Unknown said...

wow!! i miss you guys soooo stinkin much!! the boys really do look older from when i saw you guys last..that makes me sad:( i am glad you got to go to the beach!! that looked fun and relaxing!! miss you and love you all!!!

bethany said...

Hey Rachel...
Thanks for the info about the charter school at Hume. I have a credential in special ed. so don't know if I'd be okay to teach there but it is good to know. I am seriously considering serving somewhere for the summer. I'll be off from early June to the middle of August. So, as the year progresses I am going to look into various christian camps.
What where you and your family involved with at Hume for the year?

Bethany

Ann-Marie said...

Your boys are absolutely precious. the last few times I saw them in Sunday morning service with you guys, I thought, "That's the kind of young boy I want Colson to grow into." I loved seeing them with their Bibles. You should feel proud and blessed - and I know that you do!