Monday, December 8, 2008

A Surprise Hot Chocolate Evening










My parents surprised the boys by coming by Sunday night so that we could all enjoy some hot chocolate together.  It was such a nice treat for all!  We played the "question game" that Ethan created.  We laughed A LOT through the game.  It was such a fun time.  However, I never cease to be amazed at how chaotic it is to try to do anything with four children who all want to talk at the same time.  It was a loud evening...........a really lovely evening.  After the kids went to bed the adults had a wonderful time talking and cherishing each other & our conversation with one another.  How grateful I am that I have two parents who are still married to one another!  They're so much better together!  As we talked my dad shared about how this is the first Christmas where he hasn't had a deep sadness in his heart.  It's taken a lot of healing, a lot of counseling, a lot of work, patience, and determination to be whole for him to reach this point!  I'm so proud of  his desire to be a healthy, whole, man of God.  Here's some pictures from our evening.

3 comments:

Dawn T said...

Love the pics of the boys in their matching PJs. Thanks for sharing!!

Thurman8er said...

I can't even tell you how much I love your family. Every...single...one of them.

Sara said...

I'm glad you guys had a special night together. These pictures are so cute. That is great to hear about your dad too. Isn't God faithful?